Criteria for Membership Application (Full/Les Clefs d’Or Membership)
Every national chapter of Les Clefs d’Or has slightly different requirements for a hotel concierge to become a member. Some common minimum requirements are as follows:
- Be currently employed in a hotel of good standing.
- Have completed five consecutive years in the hospitality industry.
- The prerequisite time frame to be served in the position of Chef Concierge is to be two (2) years or in the position of Assistant Concierge two (2) years if working under a Chef Concierge who is a member.
- Provide letters of reference from past and present employers.
- Provide letters of reference from service industry sources.
- Provide a full resume detailing personal details, employment history, education history and copies of relevant training, qualification and employment certificates.
- Provide a statement of how in practical terms, he or she would contribute to Les Clefs d’Or should his or her application be successful.
- Provide letters of introduction from two active members of the association, one of whom is to be your Chef Concierge if you are an Assistant Concierge, who are prepared to endorse and support the application.
- Attend an interview once the Interview Committee is satisfied all minimum requirements have been met, and that the application is in order.
Criteria for Membership Application (Local Membership)
- Any Concierge, over twenty-one (21) years of age and of good moral character can join the Local Membership.
- The minimum educational qualification is Certified Secondary Education and must be proficient in both spoken and written English.
- He or she must have has a minimum of 3 years’ service in the hotel industry, of which not less than 1 year shall have been served as a Concierge, shall be eligible for election as a Local Member.
- He or she has never been discharged from employment because of work or conduct was not satisfactory.
- He or she has never been charged in court.
- He or she must be committed to serving the society in its ideas and objectives.
- He or she must be bilingual.
- Each application must be accompanied with a complete resume of his/her work experience.
- Each application must be accompanied with a reference letter from the applicant’s hotel manager or general manager supporting the application.
- Application must be endorsed by two Les Clefs d’Or Members, and accompanied by two recent photographs and payment for entrance fee.
- All application forms must be submitted to the 1st Secretary duly completed and accompanied by the aforesaid documents and entrance fee.
- All applications are subjected to the Executive Committee approval after rigorous interview and consideration by the Application Review Committee.
Criteria for Membership Application (Associate Membership)
- Any firm or company in Macau that has a minimum of three years successful trading in their business or field, related to the hotel and tourist industry may apply for membership.
- Such application must be endorsed by two Les Clefs d’Or Members.
- A representative, preferably by a Director of Manager must be nominated by the firm or company in all application. The representative may change from time to time as instructed by the firm or company.
- Application form must be duly completed and accompanied by the following:
- Two photographs of the firm or company representative
- A detailed profile of the firm or company
- Recommendation letter from two Les Clefs d’Or Members who proposed the application
- A payment for the entrance fee
- All applications are subjected to the approval of the Executive Committee.
Upgrading of Membership from Local to Les Clefs d’Or Membership
A Local Member shall be considered for upgrading to Les Clefs d’Or
Membership based on the following criteria:
- He or she has served not less than three (3) years as an Local Member
- Has attended at least eighty (80%) percent attendance record of General Meetings
- Has participated actively in all the society activities such as seminars, projects or events
- Is an active member of sub-committee of the society, and has volunteered service in at least one such organizing committee
- Is recommended by at least two (2) Les Clefs d’Or Members by means of recommendation letter
- Local Members may also be considered for Upgrading to Les Clefs d’Or Membership by the Executive Committee if he or she has rendered outstanding service to the society during his or her first year of membership. In such cases, the Executive Committee will have the prerogative to approve upgrading base on such records and merits.
- Approval for upgrading must have a unanimous decision from the Executive Committee.
Reinstatement of Membership
- Any member who has been expelled from the society shall not qualify for the reinstatement of membership for obvious reasons.
- Reinstatement of membership shall only be considered from a former member based on the following criteria:
- Any member who has not attended the required (80%) percent attendance of General Meetings and join at least one society activities without any valid reason may be consider to disciplinary action or cancellation of membership the following year
- He or she has left the profession as a concierge and has returned to the profession and is keen and committed to the society
- He or she has previously left Macau and has returned home and rejoin the profession
- There must be a lapse of at least not less than twelve (12) months since he or she last held membership
- He or she has a good record and is an ‘active’ member previously
- He or she has never been charged in court.
- Such application for reinstatement shall also come under the review of the Application
- Review Committee before being approved by the Executive Committee